Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mama's Boy Quilt

I have finished the quilt top and I really like the way it looks.
I went to several quilt shops yesterday looking for a product that has quilting stitches already printed on a sticky back paper so that I can "cheat" quilt. I'm just not that good at stippling, so I thought I would be able to find this product...not so. One of the shops said they could order it, but I can do that myself from a catalog.
But on the way home I had this great idea! I think I might be able to use the sticky back plastic wrap and just stick that to the quilt, then trace a pattern onto that. Then I can do the quilting and just pull the plastic wrap off. Doesn't that sound like a plan?? I'm just not sure how it will work. I'm afraid it might gum up my needle, but I'll give it a test run. Till then....

1 comment:

BeckyMc said...

That stuff's not very gummy, I bet it will work. What a fabulous idea!
Becky McKee