Monday, May 17, 2010

Yes....I'm saying it again...I'm still here!!

Haven't been doing much in the blogging world...but I have been sewing a bit. I made 2 pair of the shorts and I've cut fabric for 2 more. I will post pictures later of both pair that I made.

I've actually been praticing making welt pockets for the back of the shorts. I used Shannon Giffords method that she had in one of her online classes that I took from PR, and boy do I need more practice. I googled and found another way to make them, so that is up next...we will see how well that method goes. I really want to add them to my shorts so they will look more RTW.

I cut a stretch denim for one pair and a dark green twill for the other pair. Both fabrics were purchased on my last visit (end of April) to Winter Springs, FL to visit my daughter and her family. My grandson is a great fabric shopper! He helped pick out the thread and zippers for both pair! I think his young eyes helped pick the right colors for the thread.

No comments: