This was part of the Plus-sized sew along from PR that I participated in. I purchased this fabric at Hancock's awhile back to make this jacket. It was on the clearance table of the home dec dept. I think I paid about $5 yard.
I had originally thought I would line it with the green stripe but then
decided it would be too difficult to put on over a top with a sleeve since it is a cotton fabric, so I took the easy route and just made it unlined. I did use it as the under collar and the lining of the pocket flaps.
I found these really nice buttons at Wal-Mart, imagine that!
I wear a lot of the lime green tops, so I thought it would come in handy. It really fits nicely after I made some adjustments: 1)shortened the shoulder width of the yoke (front and back) by a good 1 1/2" 2) I didn't want the pocket flaps to go across the fullest part of my bust so I took about an inch in on the length of the yoke front 3)I took in 1 1/2" on the sleeve width at the top to about the elbow, the sleeve was just too full. 4) I orginally cut the 1X and increased the size to a 2X at the waist because of the pattern measurements, but after the 2nd muslin decided I didn't need the extra at the waist and ended up cutting the 1X all over and making the adjustments to the shoulder area. I made 3 muslins for this project before cutting the fashion fabric. The pattern is well drafted so it went together quite easy.