First of all here is the finished Mama's Boy Quilt that I started back here.
|Backing and binding..all machine stitched|
|Quilt front - my first machine quilted quilt using free motion quilting|
And my quilting group had a gift exchange and I received this fat quarter bag that was made using 6 fat quarters. I have the pattern but now I don't need to make me one! There is even paisley fabric in this....
For now I have my dress and jacket cut out.
which I have made before here. That version is now too large and can't be altered to fit because of the depth of the armholes. So I'm making again in a smaller size and I already knew what alterations I wanted to make to the fullness of the skirt.
I had some trouble getting the patterns to match at the seams, so I've had to get some fabric glue and I'm hoping this does the trick. The fabric seems to be an open weave and even using the walking foot, the pattern goes out of wack towards the end of the seam. Fingers crossed that the glue does the trick.
And of course I HAD to buy a new pattern This is from the McCall's Spring 2011 book. I have several pieces of knit that I want to make either a dress or a top. So the plans keep going! I'm really going to try to NOT buy any fabric for quite some time since I have a LOT in my stash and it is time to use it up.
You will notice a link on the side to MPB Men's Shirt Sew Along...I'm not participating by sewing; only by promoting and reading all about it. It should be a good read as Peter always adds a bit of humor to his sewing as well as some wonderful insight.
Bye for now so that I can try seaming the home dec, here's to hoping the glue works so that I can move on to the purple dress!