Thursday, July 1, 2010

And the winner goes to - the 4th try

I finished the last pair of Kwik Sew 3614 - the shorts. I made these with the welt pockets and they came out pretty good. I am very satisfied with the outcome. I really think I like this pair best of all of them. Forgive the goofy look on my face!

For my next project - I'm making Butterick See and Sew #B5235.  I'll be making the dress from a Purple  Greek Key stretch cotton fabric that I purchased at Joanns when I was in Florida a few months back.  The jacket will be from the purple washed linen that I have had in my stash for years.  Both items will be lined with Ambiance, the dress with white and the jacket with purple of course.  I'm going to underline the jacket with an ivory cotton batiste to keep it from wrinkling so much.

A few weekends ago, I went to Slidell with my sister-in-law Danette (who I haven't seen in years!) to the quilt show.  I bought two packets of fabric, one with LSU motif fabric and the other with the Saints motif.  I plan on making a quilt using the Cotton Theory Quilting technique so that one side will be LSU and the other side will be Saints!  There were some beautiful quilts on display.  I felt so inadequate and in awe of the work these quilters can do.


I also bought a quilt pattern that I hope to try soon.  It is very simple, but I'm sure it will be a challenge for me.

 
And this is the last of the fabric that I bought at the quilt show...a gorgeous purple and gold Fleur De Li's.

My plan for the Holiday long weekend is to sew the dress, cut the jacket muslin and then adjust if needed and then cut the fashion fabric. The dress muslin was made last week and it fits perfect straight from the envelope with no adjustments. 

That is all for now, happy sewing.

No comments: