Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's a celebration!!! Happy 4th of July!! And I finished the dress!!!

I finished See and Sew B5235..at least the dress portion of the pattern.  I don't think I mentioned that this dress was inspired by a picture of a dress (109) in the Burda Style magazine from May 2010.
The photo of the dress and this fabric is close enough. My dress doesn't have the princess seaming or a back waist line.  
The view from the back.
Here is the detail of the zipper slipstitched to the lining.
I need to adjust my dress form...she is "larger" than me!!  I just noticed this when I put this dress on her inside out.  The dress fits me much more loose than it does her.  I'm planning on wearing the dress on Tuesday, so I'll snap pictures and post later.

I've changed my mind on making the jacket right now.  I want to make another dress first.  This time with a V neckline.  I saw this but I'll have to trace the pattern and alter it because it only comes in Plus size.  It is dress 123 in the March 2009 issue of Burda Style Magazine.  Not the coat, just the dress.  I'll have to give this more thought since the last dress went together so well...I really hate to take the time to try this one and alter.   

I will give this much more thought!!  Until next time.


No comments: