Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wall hanging project



I received my Rust Autumn Harvest Wreath Quilt wall hanging kit yesterday! Since I put the concrete floors in the sewing room and repainted, I needed something to decorate the walls. As you can see from the picture of the project it will look really nice against the gold of the room.

Here are the fabrics in the kit and I bought the Floral Trellis Tonal for the backing fabric as well. There is some applique involved which is the wreath, I've never tackled that so this will be a learning experience!

The kit list the fabrics as Golden Vines, Rust Wheat Stripe, Brown Packed Ditsy, Rust Focal Wheat, Rose Packed Ditsy, Sage Packed Leaves and Rust Ditsy. Don't you just love the names of fabric! I purchased the kit from Connecting Threads on sale for $19. When finished it will be 36 1/2" square.

I have several other projects that need to be finished before I can start on this but will post the progress once I get started.

No comments: