Monday, August 18, 2008

A Sewing Sunday






I finally finished my grandson's 2nd birthday outfit.



I also quilted for the first time using my BSR!! It is the pocket for a quillow for my mother's birthday present next month. Here is the picture of that. After reading the post on pattern review about someones experience using the BSR for the first time...I thought it was about time I gave it a try. The results (IMHO) are very good. This was my first try at using free motion quiting at all.


If you don't know what a Quillow is, it is a lap sized quilt that can be folded into itself to form a pillow. I posted pictures from a Fons and Porter magazine from Jan/Feb 2007 that had the instructions. I wasn't able to get far on the project because I didn't have the right sized batting. So I'm off to Hobby Lobby today at lunch to purchase the correct size batting.

No comments: